Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Zigbee transmission of sensor signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paritoshgiri

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am using a Zigbee wireless module to transmit data from sensor controller over a long distance to the receiver side connected to PC. I am using Zigbee model no. XB24. I've got two different Zigbee boards, one has got RS232 socket and the other USB. The USB one i can connect directly to PC and want to use for receiving. The RS232 side I want to use for transmitting.

Currently, I connected RS232 board to one PC and USB board to another PC and using terminal I tested the communication and its fine. Whatever I type in terminal of transmitting side, I receive in the other PC. But when I try to connect the output of sensor controller, i don't get anything. The output of sensor controller is +-10V and 4 to 20 mA as shown in the fig. below. Since the output of controller is analog, I tried to connect the signal directly to ADC of the RS232 board but I didn't get anything.

Can you please tell what might be the problem? Where shall I connect the output of the controller and which output should i use? I'd be so much thankful to you. The pin diagram of controller is shown below and I've attached the manual of Zigbee as well.

27_1318382455.jpg

Attachments

• manual_xb_oem-rf-modules_802.15.4.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back