Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

yet another 3310 LCD question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buriedcode

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've already searched the forum for information on controlling the 3310 LCD, and my question isn't about that. Its about 'mounting' and the backlight LED's.

Ok, firstly, I ordered a few of these little displays and they came with the plastic mounting for the keypad, as well as the metal connector for the back of the LCD.
The 3210 display I have is identical, but it has a rubber connector.

Although no website has mentioned it, has anyone had to glue the metal connector pins to the LCD?? I took the LCD out of the mounting, and the metal pins connector fell out. But on ALL pictures on the internet of this display, its part of the display itself.

Secondly, I've seen the PCB for the 3310, and subsequently the position of the back light LED's. Just to clarify, are the 3310 backlight LED's the four LEDs at the bottom of the panel? Because a few websites state that it requires backlighting from the sides.

It seems theres a lot of mixed information about both the 3310 and the 3210 LCD's, their connectors, backlight LED's etc...

BuriedCode.

Ps, don't worry about giving me links, I think I've seen them all, thanks to the people on this board who posted replies to posts about these LCD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back