Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

YENKA simple series circuit voltage diagram. voltages calculated problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

expelleior

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, i am using YENKA to diagram circuits. i dont get what it is doing when working out voltages in a basic series circuit. the picattached showsthe voltages it calculates. THE voltage it calculates do notadd upto the Totalvoltage.

in red i have listed the correct voltage drops. CAN anyone explain what YENKA is doing?

Thankyou

4_1289608425.jpg

Attachments

• 100VOLTS.JPG
    100VOLTS.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 136

I think it should be 32.8V not 38.2V.

The voltages on the diagram are the node voltages relative to ground.

To get the voltages across each resistor you simply need to subtract them.

Keith

I have Yenka to, and everything is OK.
In simulation you should always put GND to the circuit.

Thank you for the diagram. much clearer for me. What is the effect here of placing or taking away a voltmeter. Ithought the voltmeter was only displaying voltages but to take one away affects the voltages , please.??

63_1289781176.jpg

6_1289785574.jpg

Attachments

• voltmeter.JPG
    voltmeter.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

In your first diagram you have removed the voltmeter but shorted out the 12k resistor.

In the second diagram you have broken the 100V line to add the voltmeter. The "voltmeter" has an infinite resistance so is the same as having no connection between the 100V and the resistors. An "ammeter" would be different - that has zero resistance.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back