Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Xilinx Spartan3 - 1.2V Stabilizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zotya

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I've been working on a hobby project for Spartan 3. I had to buy 1.2V stab for it, but unfortunately the smallest amount was 50pcs. I only need a few one.

So, If I can help to anybody to get 1.2V/1.5A stab in small amount just mail me javascript:emoticon(':D').

Regards,
Zotya :D

Hi,
You can actually use the LM317K for this purpose. They are pretty cheap and you can get them almost everywhere. But you need a pretty large heat sink for it if your power supply is 5V then you need o get rid of 3.5*1.5 = 5.25 W !

BR,
/Farhad

Dear Farhad,

Thanks your proposal, but I have these parts.

Did you tried the LM317 with Spartan3? I ask it, because the lowest voltage of LM317 is about 1.25V (as far as I know) + the operating error. Acc. to xilinx spec. it is not acceptable.

Otherwise, these parts are very low drop types (100mV @ 1.5A).

Regards,
Zotya

dear,
u can use LM1587 for ur kit

zotya said:
Did you tried the LM317 with Spartan3? I ask it, because the lowest voltage of LM317 is about 1.25V (as far as I know) + the operating error. Acc. to xilinx spec. it is not acceptable.

Otherwise, these parts are very low drop types (100mV @ 1.5A).
I havn't, but I was involved in a discussion on another group were people discussed the same issue, the fact that you mentioned here 100mV @1.5A can be achived by a lot of capacitors on each power pin, add a 1uf on each power pin together with a 100n and 10p, on the output of the LM317, add a LC filter with a pretty large capacitor on both side of the L and you will be OK.

If you want to make a commersial product of it, that is another story,

BR,
/Farhad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back