Not open for further replies.

zotya

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I've been working on a hobby project for Spartan 3. I had to buy 1.2V stab for it, but unfortunately the smallest amount was 50pcs. I only need a few one.

So, If I can help to anybody to get 1.2V/1.5A stab in small amount just mail me javascript:emoticon('').

Regards,
Zotya

Hi,
You can actually use the LM317K for this purpose. They are pretty cheap and you can get them almost everywhere. But you need a pretty large heat sink for it if your power supply is 5V then you need o get rid of 3.5*1.5 = 5.25 W !

BR,
/Farhad

Dear Farhad,

Thanks your proposal, but I have these parts.

Did you tried the LM317 with Spartan3? I ask it, because the lowest voltage of LM317 is about 1.25V (as far as I know) + the operating error. Acc. to xilinx spec. it is not acceptable.

Otherwise, these parts are very low drop types (100mV @ 1.5A).

Regards,
Zotya

dear,
u can use LM1587 for ur kit

zotya said:
Did you tried the LM317 with Spartan3? I ask it, because the lowest voltage of LM317 is about 1.25V (as far as I know) + the operating error. Acc. to xilinx spec. it is not acceptable.

Otherwise, these parts are very low drop types (100mV @ 1.5A).
I havn't, but I was involved in a discussion on another group were people discussed the same issue, the fact that you mentioned here 100mV @1.5A can be achived by a lot of capacitors on each power pin, add a 1uf on each power pin together with a 100n and 10p, on the output of the LM317, add a LC filter with a pretty large capacitor on both side of the L and you will be OK.

If you want to make a commersial product of it, that is another story,

BR,
/Farhad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…