Status
Not open for further replies.

Build-A-Burger

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm using ISE 14.7 to program a Spartan 3E and I used it for a couple of years with no problems. It sat for a while and I dug it out and tried to get it to work again and when I start up Impact to send the bit file to the device, I get this message:
I tried several different USB cables and I've checked each pin on the ribbon cable for conductivity,
so I'm hoping it's either the Platform Cable USB or the breakout board that goes into it.

All the board requires is 5vdc. I've tried 2 different boards. I'll see if I can find and wiring diagrams of the breakout board and see if anything is broken. I have a new one ordered. Won't be here till 2/3. I'm just anxious to get back into it. Thanks for the reply.

As it turns out, I had the wrong ribbon cable on it. I had the Xilinx chip as part of a bigger project and the wires going to where I plugged the ribbon cable were flipped. Point being, I should have documented it because it had been so long since I messed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…