Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xilinx area and power calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipanjan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have successfully synthesised and stimulated a design in xilinx ise.
now i need to find the power area and delay for the circuit using the tool only.....can somebody provide me with any material to help with it or any hints at how to do it...
thank you in advance for your time..
plz help....

the summary window will tell you the resource cost of your design and also the delay of each path. For the power, I am not sure whether it is there. Maybe you can check the help file.

the summary window will tell you the resource cost of your design and also the delay of each path. For the power, I am not sure whether it is there. Maybe you can check the help file.

the resource cost and delay are there....but cant we do a area or power analysis????plsshelp

the resource cost and delay are there....but cant we do a area or power analysis????plsshelp

when you are working with a fpga, i don't think the area information makes any sense. we only talk about chip area with a ASIC design. as for the power, i think it depends on the activity of your inputs. with a ASIC design, PrimePower is always used to get the power consumption

when you are working with a fpga, i don't think the area information makes any sense. We only talk about chip area with a asic design. As for the power, i think it depends on the activity of your inputs. With a asic design, primepower is always used to get the power consumption

thanks a lot!

For power analysis
you can use the Xilinx X power tool. you can reach there in from Xilinx main window-> tools-> Xpower or it is near to the plan ahead tool ( Xilinx 13.1i EDK edition)
by using the tool you can calculate the power in a block.

For Area Analysis you can use the plan ahead area tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back