Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xbee configuration with X-CTU

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouyorin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i use xbee S2 for making a Wireless sensor network ..i could make communication betwen 2 xbee configurated rooter AT and coordnator AT but i didn't undrestand how to communicate between more than 2 ..for exemple for 3 xbee ! does any one know how to configurate it with X-ctu please !!

First you download the latest Version of X-CTU
then
HTML:
1. Query the Modem first by clicking on TEST/Query on Xctu
,this will give you OK signal of the communication with Modem
and get The MODEM TYPE

2.and then Configure one X-Bee as Co-ordinator 
  a.> Go to MODEM CONFIGURATION then ,First click on ""Write""
just below that select the appropriate Modem : XBEE and select also on Function set as "Zigbee Cordinator API"
b.> after the Writing is successfully completed then again click in READ
By this way your one Xbee Module will be configured as Cordinator
same procedure you follow for configuring another X-Bee Module as Router,

I am attaching an image also for your convenience

8807777100_1399876691.png

thank you for your explication :) so i have to select my first xbee as coordinator API and the two others xbee as router but AT or also API ! and what about the destination adress low and High i shouldn't modifie them ! i don't need to modifie any other parameters ?

No Only one X-Bee module is sufficient to be as Route and one as Coordinator,
You don't have to modify any parameter,
Open X-CTU and configure one X-bee as Coordinator and do the process as I mentioned in the Previous Post,

and in the same Configure the Other(only ONE minimum)X-bee module as Router then Now you have two X-ctu for each X-Bee Module so Transmit the String from Coordinator to router and Vice Versa

But i need communication between three Xbee..caus i will make tow xbee , each one with arduino and temperature sensor , and those two will send information to the third one wich is connected to my PC..so this third is coordinateor and the others both routers....i tried between two as you explicate to me and it worked but i need it between three and i didn't undrestund how to configurate the third one..!

Third one You also configure it as Router and as you have defined one coordinator that is sufficient to communicate with i think 8 X-bee mosule as Router

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.