Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

X10 PowerLine comms, Help from electronics guru.....please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcaridade

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I use AM486 transformed to 220v and build a small circuit to put large wires to a push button.

In Ido Bartana site is explained how to put a push botton on it, removing the jumper on the PCB, and connecting two wires to it and to the push button. But this has a problem, the wires must be small.

So to solve this I use a Relay to control the wires see the image attached.

This works ok, but I don't know if it lowers the 120Khz signal.

Please some one help me to understand...

Thanks,
rmc

Hi

I am not sure what is that AM486 of yours is, and I dont know if the diode you are depicting in your figure is a zener one (if it is a zener diode, it is upside down).
I am not sure what the 2nd block does, but I will tell you what the push button between ponints A, B does. It is just a switch like a lamp swicth, it means when the circuit is closed, whatever the second block is will work because it is energized. An viceversa, when it is open, the block is not operative.

Now there are 2 kinds of push buttoms, normaly open and normaly closed, therefore, depending on the status of the swich it will be normally operating or normally inoperating. Something else (assuming that your push buttom is normally closed), your circuit will work only while you are pushing the buttom, when you release the buttom the circuit swhitched off, unless there is additional circuits which do something different.

cheers

Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back