Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

X-hdl crashes when translating the risc5x core from opencore

Status
Not open for further replies.

davorin

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
x-hdl crashes...

Trying to translate the risc5x core from opencores when browsing the source directory x-hdl-3.2.40 just crashes...

Also trying to convert file by file it mostly results in:

"syntax error in line xxx
attribute <--
returned token is 265"

the line leading to this error:

attribute RLOC of u_lut : label is "R" & integer'image(loc(i)) & "C0.S1";

Is this x-hdl tool any serious tool or just sort of simple vhdl2verilog translator?

Re: x-hdl crashes...

At 5K$ , at least its price is serious. :wink:

I used it to make some Verilog to VHDL conversions and it worked
albeit it needed quite a lot of hand crafting to correct the readability
of the code. The worst was the fact that the comments were put at
senseless places in the translated code.

The version I tested was 3.2.28 probably. It is about
one year old now. I did not work with 3.2.40.

Hi
x-hdl is SERIOUS ,.is THE BEST thing out THERE .. but if what you want to translate, is poorly written or at least WIRD ..strange things may happen ..
I noticed that to many files included is a POTENTIAL problem .
But over all is THE BEST thing .. I have use it ..and it really produces from
a synthesizable core another synthesizable core ..There is some times a need to tune the INPUT CODE becasue it may LOOP !. at least with the version i'using .. But once again IS THE BEST !

x-hdl crashes...

I've faced such problems but when I try another version of x-hdl, I get a proper result.

x-hdl is serious indeed...

however i had the smae problem when converting some ASIC lib from Verilog to VHDL...

this was due to the large file size. So i got a script from the web to split the Verilog files into 1 module per file and everything got from there alright

the_penetrator©

x-hdl crashes...

can anyone tell me what are the thing needed to be watch out of after convert vhdl into verilog ( what i mean is modification needed) !! i need to know it because i know vhdl only and now i am learning verilog only so can anyone help me out with this , please !!!!

x-hdl is a program that translates fairly well synthesizable code to synthesizable code .. So in your case being a starter probably will find problems migrating Testbenches . So stay away from that!

x-hdl crashes...

can anyone tell me how to translate vhdl design (that were consists of many different modules to form the design) using X-HDL into verilog because i cannot compile the translated verilog source code. please can anyone help me out ????
10q in advance!!!

x-hdl crashes...

Have anyone tried the tool named vhdl2verilog from Alternative System Concepts Inc, is that possible to convert testbenches written in VHDL to verilog?

x-hdl crashes...

below is the problem that i experienced during translating vhdl code into verilog, can anyone tell me what it mean by Can't find translated component ! please !!!

// <<X-HDL>> Can't find translated component 'Comparator'. Module name may not match
Comparator U_Comparator (OutR0, OutCMP);
// <<X-HDL>> Can't find translated component 'RAM'. Module name may not match
RAM U_RAM (RBUS, INMAR, CLK, Z[9], MBUS);

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back