Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wsh script that can be placed on xp desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

edaedaeda

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
windows scripts

I would like to write a wsh script that can be placed on my xp desktop.
the task it would perform:
Would be to manipulate my xp performance options.

any input would be great

edaedaeda

This isnt' really very specific, isn't it?

Sounds like: "I'd like to write a program that can be invoked and that does things."

Do you want to get more information on how to use the wsh?
Do you want to get more information about "your xp performance options", whatever they might be?

Or did you want to inform the world in general that you've just started actually doing something?

As you might see: Questions. Lotta questions.

The specific task.....

Let me clarify what my intent is here.
My desire is to create a scipt that will invoke a set of performance options.
1. Turn off some or all of the xp visual effects with a single mouse click.
2. Turn on the visual effects using the same script. (This part can probably be achieved by using a counter of some sort. "if blah is > than 0", etc..)

This seems like it would be a simple enough task. However, I am not as of yet very skilled when it comes to programming. So any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

can you plz explain what's wsh to a humble linux (l)user ?

tahiti

Windows scripting host - nice scripting languages, visual batch programming (like in good old DOS time .bat). You have something like that on linux.

regards
meax98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back