Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

writing oxidation code in athena

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgrad

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am new in silvaco and try to learn the way of code writing in this software.

1:I want to have etching in the middle of the sio2 and the thickness of the middle should be 0.1 um and the thickness of the both sides should be 1um.but when I write etch middle in the following code it doesn't operate .just in left and right it operates.
2:I want to write a command to show the thickness automaticly without using ruler to measure the thickness.
go athena

#TITLE: Oxide Profile Evolution Example

# Substrate mesh definition
line y loc=0 spac=0.05
line y loc=0.6 spac=0.2
line y loc=1

line x loc=-1 spac=0.2
line x loc=-0.2 spac=0.05
line x loc=0 spac=0.05
line x loc=1 spac=0.2

init orient=100

# Pad oxide mask
deposit oxide thick=0.9 div=1

etch oxide left pl.x=-0.2
# Field oxidation with structure file output for movie
diffuse tim=220 tem=1000 dryo2 dump=1 dump.prefix=anoxex01m

tonyplot -st anoxex01m.str

structure outfile=anoxex01m.str

#display actual oxide thickness achieved

With regards to your etching you will need to select the any shape command, you then enter the shape co rodinate corners so if you want to remove a square area starting at the top left that would x1, y1, then move to the right corner x2 y2 then down to the bottom right x3 y3, bottom left x4, y4 and finally back to the top left to complete the etch.

There is an extract command for material thickness which allows you to immediately fin the thickness of any material. The values are in Angstrons so remember 10A = 1nm

The ATHENA and ATLAS documentation discuss all of these issues in more detail but I hope that helps.

Regards, Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back