Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

writing code for mobile interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi my friends
i have a problem
i not understand your language
i speaking persian
please put the shematic of board
tanks for it

Hi itsfanidotcom i have the same project as yours but i will be using PIC16F84a or PIC16F628. I have downloaded a code for sms controller but its written in assembly so i find it hard to understand. My question is did you successfully program your project using c language? if so, Please help i want to code in c also for my project.. Thanks...hope to hear from you.

Hey friends, Anybody who knew what command to read automatically long SMS message more than 160 characters SMS. Currently my method is to look into the PDU frame and determine if teh message is part of a long message or not then integrate the broken short messages into a single message. Any shortcut of this?

Here i make to try gsm engine in Proteus for tesing

mcu codes.but it is still progress ,

**broken link removed**

@ abbas
Dear abbas

i have samsung x700 and when i write AT+CMGS command it donot show double quotes (") after = and nothing write till five characters after that it write any thing i cant understand this pls help

@junaid
u r testing it at hyper terminal????
plz attach the output u r getting from mobile.

i copy paste this thing from notepad to hyperterminal

AT+CMGS="+923225387571"

and it become like this in hyper terminal

AT+CMGS=25387571

it works and give me prompt > to write my message when i write my message it appears like that

> loo (i write heloo it eats h and e )

ok i write my message and press ctrl+z nothing happens no message send and no response from mobile

i cant understand plz help thanks

abbas1707 said:
here is sample code...... u can get idea from it

d transmit(unsigned char *a)
{
while(*a!='\0')
{
SBUF=*a;
while(TI==0);
TI=0;
a++;
}
}

I am using a Zilog Microcontroller can you explain this part so that I can convert it for my micro controller. Thank you

Necolei

@ necolei
transmit(unsigned char *a) is a function which is called from main program and *a shows the pointer which points the array which is send from main program.
while(*a!='\0') shows that loop till the last character of array will not be null.
SBUF=*a; it shows that transmit character of array at microcontroller TX pin SBUF is internal register of 8051 microcontroller.
while(TI==0); means stay here till charater which is in SBUF not transmitted when it is transmitted it interupts and TI=1.
TI=0; means ready to transmit next character.
a++; increment in array.

hope u will understand.
GoodLuck

abbas1707 said:
here is sample code...... u can get idea from it

#include sbit led=P1^0;
void init()
{
TMOD=0x20;
TH1=0xFD;
SCON=0x50;
TR1=1;
}
void transmit(unsigned char *a)
{
while(*a!='\0')
{
SBUF=*a;
while(TI==0);
TI=0;
a++;
}
}
unsigned char rcv()
{
while(RI==0);
return SBUF;
}
void main()
{
unsigned char ok[2];
unsigned char j;
led=0;
init();
transmit("AT");
transmit(0x0d);
for(j=0;j<2;j++)
ok[j]=rcv();
if(ok[0]=='O'&&ok[1]=='K')
led=1;
}:D

Hi

I can't understand SBUF what is it used for because I'm uisng a different microcontroller and I also need this code.

Regards,

Necolei

Dears
I connect sim 300 to avr microcontroller and connect one LCD to microcontroller.How can I process received SMS. For example how can I indicate received SMS on LCD.please note that I will use codevision .

sohail_akram said:
Here i make to try gsm engine in Proteus for tesing

mcu codes.but it is still progress ,

**broken link removed**

Dear Sohail Akram

Thanks for your post.

Have you finished the code? I have down loaded the code & It works fine.
What is the compiler used to compile the Attached code? I have MikroC. Can you please write the code for PIC? Please help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back