[SOLVED] Would you Please provide A simple comparison between Diligent Atlys and Altera DE2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blooz

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Could you provide a simple yet relevant comparison between these development boards Atlys and altera DE2 . We are currently working with a trainer kit with spartan 2 .We Intent to Switch to a higher performance delivering boards.

Could you provide a simple yet relevant comparison between these development boards Atlys and altera DE2 . We are currently working with a trainer kit with spartan 2 .We Intent to Switch to a higher performance delivering boards.

What comparisons are you looking for? Could you be more specific? I recently purchased an Atlys and would be able to give you some feedback concerning that. Regarding Altera I don't have a clue.

no of logic elements ,gates,cost,Software support

no of logic elements ,gates,cost,Software support

You will find specific details

Software Support : So far I have been working with Xilinx ISE, and program the FPGA using Digilent Adept, you could also use Xilinx Impact for this, Digilent provides a plug-in to integrate with Xilinx.
I don't know what you actually mean by Software support.

Expansion: Apart from the usual switches, push buttons etc. The Atlys has 40 high speed(20pairs) I/o's from Bank2 are bought out on a 68pin VHDCI connector. This is a 0.8mm connector and is available from online distributors, Digilent also sells a breadboard and a wire-wrap board to mate with this connector.

If you are into video the Atlys also has 2 HDMI input ports and 2 HDMI output ports.

I have just started using the board yesterday so I haven't explored all of its features yet, I'm a noob in FPGA and HDL so I would request you to check out the link and verify for yourself before finalizing a board.

Reactions: blooz

blooz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…