Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

workstation recommendations for cadence and matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl010i

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for some help or suggestions in purchasing new workstations on which we will be running mostly Cadence, but Matlab as well.

I currently use a Sun workstation running SunOS 5.8. Right now I am only running 32-b instructions, but I would like to start running 64-bit version of Cadence soon. Cadence is fairly stable on this OS platform, but I don't know how it compares to Linux. How does Cadence perform on Dell machines running Linux? Right now, I'm leaning towards purchasing Sun Workstations and run Linux on them rather than SunOS 5.10 or Solaris 10.

Any insight or personal experience would be greatly beneficial in this matter. Thanks for your help in advance.

I run Cadence on HP quad processor machine with Redhat.
Cadence runs quite good though there are small issues with GUI (like double click)
Cadence I believe does not really support Linux for any version under v6. But I run 51514 and am happy.
At the end check put with Cadence if they will continue to support SunOS (they dropped HPUX). Then choose what gives you more computing power/$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back