Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

With embedded DesignTime in DC, why still Primetime ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2moon

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know Pr!metime can check more timing/path/case than Des!gn Compiler, and the precision is more accurate.

But ....
If I have well constrainted my design before doing the synthesis, then do I still need to run Pr!metime to check my timing ? :eek:

Yes, you are right, the main features are the same as in DC-Time engine. PT is more accurate and has some additional features which enables you to easy your design timing check (eg. to show violated paths graphically) and is much faster then DC-Time engine. I am using PT in most cases for post layout timing checks (with backannotated SDF files, which includes real cell and net arc delays). If I have possibility to chose PT or DC for timing checks, I will always use PT. But for smaller designs maybe you can also use DC for your timing checks....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back