Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natrium

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need to transmit about ((11 bits)X 12 devices) of data. I thought of using Xbee module as it is but it has only 7 digital pins.I need to use a microcontroller at the source and destination to decode the serial data.

Are there any ways other Xbee. Can I use RF modules or something like that for each device. Will I get interference from other devices?

Perhaps send the data in serial, rather than parallel form?

Or, convert the 11 bits to 7 bits and use the Xbee. Using two Xbee's at once wouldn't work, because you'd probably end up communicating with two devices simultaneously.

Last edited:
Ya communicating in serial will do. Is there any way to do it using RF?

Ya communicating in serial will do. Is there any way to do it using RF?

Oh yes, there are many. Are you primarily receiving data from the various devices. or are you also sending data to them?

Out of the 11 bits from each device i am receiving 8 bits and transmitting 3 bits to the device. there are 12 such devices.

Are there any ways other Xbee. Can I use RF modules or something like that for each device.

Small wireless Arduino. Atmega328P + CC1101 RF front-end:
https://www.panstamp.com

The panStamp project also provides the necessary libraries, communication stack and software tools to develop new devices, configure wireless networks and connect them to the IP world.

Here are some ZigBee solutions https://www.icpdas-usa.com/zigbee.php

zigbeepage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.