Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless tranceiver modules help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

elockpicker

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm responsible for designing a communication system for a robot,the system is supposed to send simple movement commands.
I want to use digital tranceiver modules (RFM12 for example) with AVR microcontrollers.
The robot is supposed to participate in a competition where many other robots might use the same module and the same frequency at the same time.
Many wireless modules using FSK modulation claim robustness to interference.
I need to know what does it mean "robust to interference",is it still true in a situation like a competition ???

What can I do to make sure that the robot is really robust to interference ??

Please help me.
Thank you very much

Use FHSS (frequency hop spread spectrum) so that even if the channel is blocked/used by other robots you may switch to other channel and able to communicate.

Thank you very much sir,but as you know wireless tranceiver modules have a fixed frequency of operation (that can be changed of course, but we will loose the connection),furthermore they usually use FSK modulation.I think I can not change the fundamental properties of such modules.Is there any more feasible method ?

well i haven't looked deep, but wt u can do is devide available bandwidth into the channels and use it.

It will help a lot if you post the datasheet of the modules you are using.

This is the datasheet of one possible tranceiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.