Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless power transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrNElson

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can I simulate wireless power transmission, using Ansoft HFSS? I want to make this using with 2 cmos spiral inductors. How can I do that using HFSS?

Yes you can. I'm not sure what you ment by CMOS sprirals, nevertheless simulating spirals using HFSS is bit of an overkill. Still one way to do that is setting up a two port simulation. S12 will give you some idea about coupling between the spirals.

I wanna simulate that with planar inductor in CMOS process

The answer is still yes.

I suspect that you will end up with four ports in the model. All the various s parameters will be available and you can see the fields and coupling between the spirals.

Ansoft has a design guiide with an example of a on chip inductor/spiral. You might ask them for a copy. The currently have a revision for 11.0 just off the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back