Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless energy transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
wireless energy transfer experiment circuit

Hi

I have been experimenting it for a while. So I managed to generate 5V 45kHz square waveform using 555 timer with MOSFET transistor. I connect an insulated copper wire coils on drain of mosfet (I never count the number of turns). This is regarded as primary coil.

I produced more number of turns greater with ferrite rod. This would be a secondary coils. The output of secondary coil wire is connected to a diode in attempt to obtain DC voltage. So far I managed to obtain between 0.5 to 1.0V. This is not enough as I am aiming for at least 3 to 5V.

I tried to increase the number of turns in the secondary coil but no significant improvement. Any suggestion??

Is there any calculation or formula allow me to improve my experiment?

MM

wireless energyinstructables.com

would y please show a circuit and this can describe your question more clearly

The circuit consists of 555 timer and MOSFET which is connected to pin 3 of 555 timer. The primary coil of node A and B are connected to 12V and Drain of MOSFET respectively. The frequency is approximately 50kHz.

The seconday coils has more number of turn than primary coil. A capacitor is connected across the two wires of secondary coils. A diode is connected to Node A where I use multimeter to measure the level of DC voltage.

My problem is that I could not manage to get roughly 5V. Do I require to increase the number of turns on the secondary coils.

In fact I am trying to emulate the experiment from :

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Cool Yourtube (This is summat that I want to do this as well - Any suggestion?)

[youtube][/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back