Status
Not open for further replies.

ings

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello i would like to realize a connexion between a computer and pic244f with wifi module MRF24WB0MA. Can some one plz send me a exemple that help me to begin this project.
Thanks in advance

Reactions: ings

ings

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

if you download the latest Microchip MLA (Microchip Libraray for Applications)
**broken link removed**

and instal it, the project
C:\microchip\mla\v2014_07_22\apps\tcpip\wifi_demo_app\firmware\tcpip_wifi_demo_app.X

contains the code to drive a mrf24wb using a pic24fj256gb110

ings

i find the project "tcpip_wifi_demo_app.X" but he doesn't a project Mplab. i can't open this project directly with Mplab c30

i find the project "tcpip_wifi_demo_app.X" but he doesn't a project Mplab. i can't open this project directly with Mplab c30
you can only open this with MPLABX

if you download the legacy MLA you will find MPLAB projects for the MRF24WB

ings

How to download the legacy MLA please

How to download the legacy MLA please
goto the MLA page
**broken link removed**

click on the Legacy MLA tab (next to Current MLA about half way down the page) and download MLA v2013-06-15

ings

i download this legacy MLA but i dont have projet with pic24ff and MRF24 and this existant project with Mplab doesnot cntain any file .c

i download this legacy MLA but i dont have projet with pic24ff and MRF24 and this existant project with Mplab doesnot cntain any file .c
on my system the project
C:\microchip_solutions_v2013-06-15\TCPIP\WiFi Console\XC16-EX16_MRF24WB.mcp

has several .c files associated with it

it is set up for a PIC24FJ256GB210
I tend to use such example projects as a template by copying the directory and adapting the code to suit the PIC24 used and the target application

what PIC24 are you using? are you using a development board or have you made you own PCB?

ings

i find this project but when i open this file XC16-EX16_MRF24WB.mcp it dont contains any file.c like this picture or i will open file by file(what fle i will open )!!!
i will choose Pic24fj256GA110 and i will made my own PCB

when I open C:\microchip_solutions_v2013-06-15\TCPIP\WiFi Console\XC16-EX16_MRF24WB.mcp

I get

have you tried clicking View then Project to display the workspace?

ings

yes i m cliking in view and project but the same problem!!

- - - Updated - - -

the problem can be because i have mplab ide v8.11 and the ompiler C30.??

yes i m cliking in view and project but the same problem!!

- - - Updated - - -

the problem can be because i have mplab ide v8.11 and the ompiler C30.??

I am using MPLAB V8.89 but I don't see why that should cause a problem
if I change the toolsuite to C30 I can still see the workspace
try Window then Close All then View then Project

when you open directory C:\microchip_solutions_v2013-06-15\TCPIP\WiFi Console can you see many .c files etc

have you looked at the RN171
https://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=RN171

it has the TCP/IP stack on board rather than using the software TCP/IP stack loaded into the PIC24

ings

i succed to download this project but like i m said the problem is with th version and the compiler of Mplab (i download the archive 03/04/2012) but i havent the same file like you and i see tthat it is very dificult to understant all this file ...
So in your oppinion can i work in the first with RN171. can you give me some intersted link to begin with (code with pic24f for example) please

thanks in advance

documentation and demo code
**broken link removed**

ings

ok thank you very much but i downloawd the two file and i find one folder with pic24f and explorer 16 but he doesnt opend like projet just i find the fils .c and .h; it is he same case and it is the problem with c30

- - - Updated - - -

and i think that this aplication concern weeb application or i m tromped because th file sys_task.c contains a comment "The functions that make up the main http client application are defined in this file."

the project I used when evaluating the RN171 (i used a RN171 pictail plus board wth an Explorer 16) was
C:\temp\RN131171_Demos\src\RN PICTail Demos\PassThru Demo\RN131_171_SampleDemo1.X

it requires MPLABX to open this project
the demo allows one to connect the Explorer 16/RN171 to a PC and send commands from the keyboard to the RN171 and look at responses, e.g. using a terminal emulator such as hyperterm or teraterm

ings

i don't have this project in my C: . Also if i download MplabX can i open the project of Mplab8 with the compiler C30

i don't have this project in my C: . Also if i download MplabX can i open the project of Mplab8 with the compiler C30
I checked and found that the project
C:\temp\RN131171_Demos\src\RN PICTail Demos\PassThru Demo\RN131_171_SampleDemo1.X
is actually for a PIC18 system

the RN171 PIC24 passthru project can be downloaded from the RN171 and RN131 PICtail WebServer link on web page
**broken link removed**

unzip the file and use MPLAX to build (unzipped to directory temp)
C:\temp\RNWebServer_Version_1.0r\framework\apps\wifly\wifly_passthrough\firmware\wifly_pass_thru_demo_exp16_p24

programming the Explorer 16 board and using teraterm gives

I can then enter $$$ to enter command mode and enter SCAN to scan for local WiFi networks

this sample project required the XC16 compiler
attempting to use C30 gives errors, e.g.
Code:
../lib/delay_ms.c:11:16: warning: xc.h: No such file or directory

it could probably be modified to use C30 but it is probably simpler to download the free version of XC16

Last edited:

ings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…