Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windows start/end of files (How do you know?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sputnik

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to incorporate into a microcontroller (PIC16F84) the ability (when I find out how to interface an MMC card) to read/write the start/end of a file so that it would be recognized by Windows when I put the card in my card slot. Where would I find information on how the start (header) and end of a file works?

Thanks
Sputnik

hi,
when u use CreateFile on windows, it defines the start of the file, hence what u will do is call CreateFile on windows, write the data and then Write EOF to the file and close the file.

But how do I do this? I'm quite stupid when it comes to Windows, especially XP!

Sputnik

Sounds like you want to read/write an MMC card's flash file system using using a PIC controller. I believe it uses a FAT12 or FAT16 file system. Maybe this SanDisk doc will get you started:
**broken link removed**

I think these guys produced the official spec, but it's probably expensive:
https://www.mmca.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back