Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

windows driver for USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

amax

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i am doing a project on USB interfacing.i want to develop my own USB driver.and i want some guidance regarding this. can i implement my driver in turbo C? if not than how can i implement it in other languages like VC++?

with thanks and regards,
amax

The drivers are usually written using C. If you want to develop a windows usb driver, you can read this book:

https://www.amazon.fr/Programming-Microsoft-Windows-Driver-Model/dp/0735618038

then this one:

https://www.amazon.fr/Developing-Dr...740/ref=pd_sim_eb_title_4/171-1252333-7608215

WDF is much more easy to use than WDM. You can read those books and than download the WDK on microsoft website. Ths WDK contains usb generic drivers so you don't have to write your own....

I've done something with an WDF usb driver here:

**broken link removed**

Regards,
Franck.

hello,
thanks for giving me a reply.
as you told the drivers are written in C.can you tell me what i have to learn to write a driver in C? i want to write driver for USB port.if you have devloped such driver then please tell me what are steps to write driver with example.

with regards,
amax

As I told you, you have te read the books and understand general principle. Then you can start to understand sample drivers. This article is a good start:

**broken link removed**

And this is exactly what you are looking for:

**broken link removed**

good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back