Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will this design work as a split supply for an op-amp circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I'm aware of those last two circuits. My question is are there any problems with my idea of using emitter-follower power transistors as I described? Crossover distortion?

A nice off-the-shelf BTL chipamp I'm aware of is the OnSemi LA4625. One day I might build an amp with one of these and put it in a nice box for my bookshelf speakers. They are sold on Mouser on Ebay. But this post isn't about gainclones so let's not get too far off topic ;)

Audio amplifiers have used class-AB for their output transistors for many years to avoid crossover distortion. Many schematics show two diodes between the bases of the complementary emitter-follower output transistors but frequently a biased transistor is used instead. The diodes or biased transistor are mounted on the same heatsink as the output transistors to provide thermal negative feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.