Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will a wiggler work with an STM32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twanage

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Would a wiggler work with an STM32 (M3 Cortex)?

Cheers :D

You can use a wiggler with the JTAG interface but not with Serial Wire Debug (SWD). The question is will your debugger software support the wiggler and the next question if your PC/Laptop still has a parallel port interface.
Hope this helps, Bob

I'm mostly thinking of just flashing at this stage. Thanks for the help!

twanage said:
I'm mostly thinking of just flashing at this stage. Thanks for the help!
Hi,
flashing depends much more on the software than on the hardware. The wiggler is a rather dump interface and it needs to be controlled through a programming software. You need to check the programming software if that one supports the ancient wiggler.
My recommendation would be to find something like a J-Link or U-Link and use IAR or Keil to flash the system.

There is also the brand new ST-Link on the market,

hth, Bob

Easiest option to get going with the STM32 all together though, is the Primer2 from Raisonance.

Hi Bob,
Yes, I guess the wiggler is just the parallel port with a buffer added.

Yes the primer2 looks awesome! A little out of my budget at the moment tho,
so I'll need something a little more basic for now.

I've decided to go with the standard RLink-STX, which should allow me program most of the ST uCs and will allow some basic debugging.

Now just the wait for the postman :)
Thanks for your help!

HI
I am searching for jtag for basic flashing stm32-h107(cortex m3). whats your experience with Rlink-stx. But its bit out of my budget. wiggler is only thing on my mind.Just want to confirm if that thing works for just flashing the target stm32-h107.

**broken link removed** the wiggler is at the bottom of the page
Thank you.......waiting for your reply:)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.