Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wilkinson without 3db loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

anum_pirkani

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have got an assignment to design a splitter without a 3db loss. I have managed to design it, but i am not able to understand why there is no 3db loss in the design.
Please help me out.

i have attached the design and results.

design.jpgresult.jpg

The schematic shows a switch not a splitter. Please clarify the question.

A splitter has >= 3 dB loss by conservation of energy law. An (ideal) switch would cut one port and pass all energy to the other.

yeah, its a switch.
pin diodes allow the signal to pass in forward bias direction and blocks the signal in reverse bias direction (i guess)
but i am unable to understand the complete operation of the design.

IIt's a standard reflective pin-diode switch topology. Consider that the three line stubs starting at each pin diode (50 ohm signal at cathode, high impedance bias and low impedance short at anode) have λ/4 length and are transforming open to short and vice versa, then you'll surely work out the operation principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back