Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wideband Gain=20 dB, UGBW=5GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

vahid_e70

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear friends,

I am looking for a structure for a wideband amplifier(single stage is preferred) and my specifications are Gain=20dB, UGBW=5GHz.
I found a basic structure on "https://sites.google.com/site/randomwok/Home/electronic-projects/wideband-pre-amplifier-using-discrete-transistor" but I don't know how to design it? It was simulated on ADS but the result with and without feedback(560 ohm) were the same. It seems this circuit is very popular and is in different notebooks. I would appreciate it if you could help me to design this circuit or suggest a reference for this circuit(or other single stage circuit with the same spec) .

Thanks so much,
Vahid

Hi vahid_e70,

What are you trying to achieve? If this is a learning experience, I'd suggest narrowband. Easier to match. Take a look at opamp design. You will see similarities to the specific design you reference. There is a lot to matching amplifiers. Stability is a hot button to say the least.

Hi ge,
Thanks, I am working on a lab manual and it is necessary to get aforementioned specifications. And we don't want to use Op-Amp.As I mentioned I have found an structure with desired specs but I don't know how to redesign it,because I need design equations. Wide Band.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back