Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wide band IF amplifier design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zxl13

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design an amplifier inband is 200-400MHz
now the problem is that if I get the gain flatness in 1dB ,
the inband return loss will be poor.
This is due to most transistor has high gain and poor gain flatness at low frequency in a relative wide band.
Any advice can help me to catch both gain flatness and good RL?

zxl13 said:
I want to design an amplifier inband is 200-400MHz
now the problem is that if I get the gain flatness in 1dB ,
the inband return loss will be poor.
This is due to most transistor has high gain and poor gain flatness at low frequency in a relative wide band.
Any advice can help me to catch both gain flatness and good RL?

Use Philips' "Wideband Transistors" with a little bit feedback ( series or parallel or both ).
You have to use a software ( any ) to optimize Input-Output Return Loss and Gain flatness. Take care stability !!
For instance you may easily obtain 15dB Power Gain in that band with BFG93A or similar small signal wideband transistor a little bit feedback.
You can catch +/- 0.3dB flatness with a software optimization.
Feedback will correct flatness and return losses simultaneously.

It's not very difficult.. :)

Good Luck

AdLab contains a good two port analysis program. http://home.t-online.de/home/weberconnect/adlab2.htm is where you download the program. It will run for about 20 times. If you pay the $40 US registration fee the feedback function will be activated. You can the do a little cut and try with the feedback.

This set of programs is well worth the $40.

If you have an analysis program with optimization that program can do it all for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back