Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wich editor to use for VHDL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amok

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
free vhdl editor

Hello everyboby,

before a couple of years I set up XEmacs(with vhdl-mode) to use it for writing my VHDL code. I was satisfied with the performance I had for the money that I had spend, that is zero money(GNU lincenced). I was wondering if there are other options and diferent editors to write VHDL, that they also offer the ability to write C/C++ and other programming languages. I tried to check vi, but I didn't find anything for VHDL. I would really like to know:

what you are using?

why you are using it?

if you are planning to migrate to something else?

Thank you in advance.

vhdl editor

I use ALDEC editor. Probably it was easy to use, and I was able to make simply simulations.

vhdl editor free

Most modern simulators (modelsim, aldec, etc) have syntax coloring, which is very helpfull. On the other hand, Emacs is free but you can not do many thing with a VHDL description if you do not at least simulate it. So, my point is that a VHDL editor alone is not very helpful while when you buy a bigger environment you will get enough editing support!

best free vhdl editor

It very much depends on your working environment. As far as I am
concerned, I am using Unix VI, and I am very happy with it.

Emacs is also a good choice.

free programmers editor vhdl template

CodeWright from premia corporation is certainly the best.

editor

I prefer to write VHDL codes using ISE/Foundation software, because:
1) it is free and download is available on xilinx website.
2) it has lots of vhdl ready to use template

vhdl editor freeware

try VIM, it's free on any platform.

modelsim editor codewright

I use ALDEC editor.it is very good .
and multisim have a VHDL editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back