Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why we use raised root cosine or RRC filtering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizoo

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a question about why we use raised root cosine or RRC filtring,

i am implementing BPSK, so if i have 1 i will send a cosine wave and if -1 i will send a 180 shifted cosine wave,

RRC is done to make signal less vulnerable to inter symbol interference, but what i am sending on the channel is cosine wave, i never used square pulses on the channel so why should i use RRC any way,
but the text seems to suggest to use RRC before sending any thing ont he channel

ne answers!

raised root cosine

actually when you don't use RRC , you are using the rectangular pulse shaping by default.
when using the RRC , the pulse shape is not rectangular ,and each symbol period is filtered with the RRC filter , then the resulting pulse shape is applied to the sin & cosine waves .

regards

Re: raised root cosine

HMM the last part You said taht pulse has a RRC shape and then this shape is applied on sine and cosine waves, i can visualize that :(

Can You please provide me some image of that some where, any website? any links,
i just want to see the difference in waveforms send on the channel when using a square pulse and compare it with RRC generated waves

Re: raised root cosine

check this out

Inter Symbol Interference (ISI) and Raised cosine filtering
**broken link removed**

hope this helps you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back