Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why we convert data into even and odd parts for qpsk

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdullah gill

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i m stuck in a basic understanding of qpsk i m working on system generator so to do a qpsk i have to convert the data into even and odd parts but i m unable to find the reason . can someone do me a favour by telling me the solution.
regards

Added after 18 minutes:

we convert them into even and odd parts because odd parts supports the i-channek and even part supports q-channel........but how we do that help me

i m sorry i cant get u if u can elaborate it a bit more it wll be helpful. thanks

Hi Abdulla,

As u know, each qpsk symbol contains a real part and an imaginary part, so in order to form the real part I need the bits with the odd bits, and to form the imaginary part u need the even bits.

e.g

the qpsk symbols are :

1. 0.707 + 0.707 j
2. -0.707 + 0.707 j
3. -0.707 - 0.707 j
4. 0.707 - 0.707 j

so if bit number 1 is 0 and bit number 2 is 0 then the qpsk symbol will be 0.707 + 0.707 j, while if one of the bits is one u have to change the sign of the 0.707 to be negative.

that's all, I hope u got my point.

if i have a data like 4210312112003 (make a wave for this data) and i have to do tha qpsk for it . how it would look like? im actually confused in a concept that how we take the real and imag parts of the data like i have shown.
i hope u can understand me

Abdullah, I shall comment on it tonight but here is an advice: Finish one task before jumping onto another.

It seems that you are trying to work on 2 things in parallel (from one of your posts I see that you are also working on P2S converter)

So, relax, complete task 1: QPSK mod and then go to the other one. It will be more efficient

u r right i have to do the things in parallel bcz time is short and i hve to do the work....regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back