Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

why use mosfet instead of resistor causing oscillation

Status
Not open for further replies.

wangmengde

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I try to design a two stage opamp according to the following picture:

The Rz I used is 5.6k. I tried to used a MOSFET in linear region to take the place of Rz to save some area. I used Hspice to test that when MOSFET is used the Hole and Zero are in the same place as resistor is used. But When connect this OPAMP in negative feedback pattern with gain=-10, the unit step response becomes oscillating as follows, which does not occur when real resistor is used:

in this simulation : Vdd-Vss=3.3v Common mode ground=1.65v the input step is from 1.65v to 1.75v and is feed into the negative input port.

I do not know why this is the case and hope someone can give me some clues or explanations.

Please compare AC simulation for transistor and resistor.

I've played with a number of oscillators using a simulator. One has a current mirror which vaguely resembles your schematic.

Tolerant astable multivibrator:

**broken link removed**

It's not exactly identical to yours. However there's a chance yours has the capacitor acting in a similar manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back