Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why this two type of inverters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

udhay_cit

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, where is the application of this two type of inverters? What are all the advantages & disadvantage of the two?

Which one is best?

First type is clasic switching inverter.

Second use batteries on high voltage maybe in solar system (there is no transformer in diagram).

The first one is having transformer at the push-pull dc to dc converter. Type 2 has transformer at full bridge inverter...

I hope the first one is best suitable for solar system, because the variable DC from the solar is easily adjustable (regulated) by using DC-DC converter, but your thought is totally different???:shock:

I here too have smoked and have thought. The difference between the first and the second type is determined by the battery voltage and the output power. If the power required to produce enough current available full bridge transistor inverter circuit number 2 is used, if not, the battery voltage is increased or applied diagram number 1. You can put transistors in parallel to increase the current, but then remains unused their maximum operating voltage. It is a question of the cost of the scheme. I note that in larger UPS is applied high-voltage battery and high-voltage inverters.

The first one is having transformer at the push-pull dc to dc converter. Type 2 has transformer at full bridge inverter...

I hope the first one is best suitable for solar system, because the variable DC from the solar is easily adjustable (regulated) by using DC-DC converter, but your thought is totally different???:shock:

In switching inverters (first provided diagram) battery voltage is boosted to let say for example 325V, then full MosFET bridge make current how you want pure sine (with lots of steps), modified sine wave, square wave.

See example:

menic230_6.png

menic230_6_v.png

http://danyk.cz/menic230_6_en.html

Second diagram do not show presence of transformer or any dc/dc conversion or voltage boosting, and that say that probably batteries are used on higher voltage which goes to full bridge to make output current.

Usually inverters on rated for higher powers such as 500W-1000W and up, for input voltage use batteries on 24V, 48, 72V,... to decrease current in system.

I think the battery voltage is less than the required load voltage. so...

In push-pull DC-DC conv can be operated at high freq. so we can use ferrite coer t/f. and full bridge shall be operated at required load freq may b low - 50/60Hz can use this conv o/p voltage directly. it minimizes the size & weight of the system.

but in second method we need to use t/f at full bridge side with required load freq may b low - 50/60Hz. this maximizes the size and weight of the inv due to big low freq laminated core t/f

I have a 1KVA pure sinewave inverter from Voltronic power...**broken link removed**. It uses 24V battery for 1KVA. The size & weight is perfect & its a wall mountable... I think jpsganesh statement is correct... For 1KVA inverter (Second diagram) the transformer weight will be around 5-6Kgs, but in this first type 1KVA inverter is having two transformer(i believe one for boost & another one for isolation or common mode choke). Each transformer will be around 200grams

I dont know the possibility of voltage regulation of type 2 inverter. So the type 1 inverter has very lite weight, possibility for voltage regulation(may be suitable for On-grid inverter), compact size.... The risk is same(in terms of voltage & current, not in design) for boosting voltage from battery to higher voltage for both type. Then most of the circuit uses the second type inverter only?
Is it the 1st one having any problem?

Regards
Udhay

first one more complicated than second method. extra pulse has to be generated to drive DC-DC conv and its H/W components, design, PCB, programming with closed loop all these thinks makes first method become more complicated.
But first method is best and can be used effectively where variable DC power source available like renewable erergy sources of solar panel, wind mill etc.

for type 2.

calculate for 220vAC
battery = 32pcs * 12v = 384V DC
output 220AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back