Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the battery in CDMA handset heats up quicker than in GSM phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Code Warrior

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question regarding the CDMA handset. Why CDMA handet`s battery gets heated quickly and drain out. In other hand GSM handset`s battery is always cool during communication and also it does not drain out quickly.
Why this happen is in CDMA is there any flaw or any other issue.
And why CDMA is not as flexible as compared to GSM.

Re: GSM vs CDMA Handset

Dear
in CDMA network hand set is always searching for the most strong signal avaible so its battey drains out quickly as compared to GSM.when its signal get decrease it transmit more power to acquire he system.

if both technologies are used for mobile communication, then CDMA set battery will drain rapidly because in CDMA u might heard of SIGNA POWER CONTROL. At BTS all the signals coming from different MS must have same power. So, the farthest set might be transmitting with a lot of high signal power, resulting in quick drain of the battery.
I don't think that the drain process of battery is so high that it get heated; heating of set must be due to some other reasons.
and CDMA is considered more flexible than GSM.

Naveed

u r right sir
when one MS is near BTS it require less power to transmit if it goes away from BTS it transmit more power to acquire the system.

All seems to be same....whatever has been said seems to valid fot both..and In fact Signal Power control etc features were there in Second Generation mobile systems (Refer C.Y.Lee Book on Mobile Communication)..so that can't be the reason...and yes mobile searches the strongest singal after all...
I agree with threadcreator that CDMA mobile phones drains and heat up very early...and this is has something to do with Power Control Bits Feature in CDMA...but I am not sure...it has anything to do with heating up a battery..Check out CDMA books..on Power Control Bits fearture...

atul_microwaves_antenna said:
In fact Signal Power control etc features were there in Second Generation mobile systems (Refer C.Y.Lee Book on Mobile Communication)..so that can't be the reason...
Yes, even in GSM power control phenomena exists, but its not cruicial because every MS transmits in its own slot.
in CDMA all users use whole B.W at a time so power control system is more important, and farther sets transmits more power (the nearest may decrease the signal power too).

Khurram

Status
Not open for further replies.