Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the ADC experimental result is so bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikky

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I designed an ADC , in simultion, it acquired 1Gsamples with the 8 bit resolution, after fabricated in 0.18um process, the experimental result is much worse.

Can anyone tell me the reason?
Or what restrict the performance of an analog circuit after the fabrication?

Thans a lot.

Bad models, then. Not a mature process? How many generations of the model files?

First, I would like to know what was the test bench setup and how pure was the input signal. The distortion in the input signal in addition to improper reference for the ADC will definitely make the ADC testing bad and make the measurements look worse.

The above conditions are true if ur ADC was laid out properly and had no manufacturing issues like others pointed out.

Please search and refer ADC testing methods.

Do i need to do the Monte-carlo simulation?

jayanth.neo said:
First, I would like to know what was the test bench setup and how pure was the input signal. The distortion in the input signal in addition to improper reference for the ADC will definitely make the ADC testing bad and make the measurements look worse.

The above conditions are true if ur ADC was laid out properly and had no manufacturing issues like others pointed out.

Please search and refer ADC testing methods.

yes,I identify with viewpoint of jayanth.neo. you should confirm your testbench is right and entireness. for example the information of encapsulation ans so on. your PCB board is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back