Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why should we use crystal for the microcontrollers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhi_yi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi there, i have a question, why should we use the crystal for the mcs? the crystal use to generates clock? how does it work? why should we connect the 33pF capacitor to the crystal and then connect it to the microcontroller? may i replace the 33 pF with 22 pF? or with 100nF??

thank you very much :) ^^

Re: crystal in mcs

when we design any control or communication circuit you have to calculate the clock you need to execute your program so the clock change from circuit to circuit to control the clock you change the crystal for know more about crystal you can visite
**broken link removed**
about APPLICATION NOTE 726
Specifying Quartz Crystals
the capacitor due to prevent noise if you use breadboard you can use crystal without capcitor
yes you can change the capcitor but in small range about 33pf

crystal in mcs

basicaaly cyrstal generates the clock pulses like concerning with the 8051 we use 11.59Mhz noiw for its ALE the total vibratiobns or pulses we divid this with 6 now this determines the clock cycle and hece the machine cycle the machine cycle is whta the min time taken tu execute one istrcution and one machine cycle may consists of one clok pulse aur more thanone clok pulse got my point that ius y we use the osccilation freq u can use other tyhan 33pf but the range is only 33pf +_ 5pf
take care
have a nice day
can u jepl me in regarding mcs8051 i have some questions also

Status
Not open for further replies.