Why oscillation occurs during interchange of charging/discharging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceoca

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a simple circuit, two voltage sources with a line impedance (R=0.1, L=0.01) in between them, the controller is developed in Simulink which is able to charge or discharge depends on certain conditions.

From simulation results, I can see that there is small oscillation during each interchange of charge/discharge. The oscillation can be seen in current, voltage and also reactive power. (but not in active power).

I know this could be simple, but I don't understand why this oscillation occurs. Could someone please explain? Thank you!!

A circuit comprised of two voltage sources, R and L doesn't oscillate. What kind of "controller" are you talking about?

Try a meaningfull problem description, preferably referring to a schematic.

I am controlling voltage source A to charge/discharge voltage source B depending on pre-defined condition.

for example, from t=0 to t=10, voltage source A is charging voltage source B , from t=10 to t=20, voltage source B is charging voltage source A.
From simulation results, I can see that there is small oscillation during each interchange of charge/discharge. The oscillation can be seen in current, voltage and also reactive power. (but not in active power).

I want to understand why oscillation occurs during during each interchange of charge/discharge. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…