Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why my Amp doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanna

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
why doesnt my amplifier work

HI,
I have connect my sensor to a bandpass filter and then to two linear amplifier after each other. It is strange that my amplifier doesn't work good. I have a gain of 360, but my signal after band pass is stronger than after amplifier?!
any one knows why?

please post your circuit... esp that of the amplifier and the configuration you are using...

Does your amp work in close loop

what's about you signals dc voltage level, and you amplifier's power? single or positive,negative power?do you set you signals at (P_power + N_power)/2,
and your signals swing range?

Hey

Your amplifier is obviously not working properly because:

- The input frequency does match the amplifier
- The amplifier design is not right
- your input saturates your amps

Cheers

Thanks for all reply, I will attach my circuit on Monday may be make it easier.
Thanks

If you are using two (2) opamps in a sensor circuit the first stage should be a lower gain. You may start with about (10), then the second stage can make up the difference. Try it and see if that works. Also calculat the total gain, use the second stage to provide the gain you are looking for. If you are interfacing to a microcontroller to an A/D the like to see a low impedance. About 1-2K ohms. This is for the charging capacitor in the A/D. Hope this helps.

u can post your circuit on

Status
Not open for further replies.