Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why Manchester coding is more effective than the other types of coding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1a2s3d4f

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone,

when i took digital and analog communication class, the teacher said Manchester coding is the cheapest and effective way of coding compare to Non return zero, return zero and other type of coding which i don't remember. my question is how do we know Manchester coding is effective over the other type of coding. is there a systematic way of determine.

thanks

Re: coding method

Yes, this requires a systematic method to do...
The Information theory tells us about all possible codes and how to generate them and how to decode them.
Also IT course compare between these codes and find the optimal code. It makes study for its length abd BW and probability of error in different cases...

The analysis is too long, but you may refer to it from any Information Theory book.

BTW: Probability of error is the main comparison issue..

KAMAL

Re: coding method

actually it's a big mistake to say that a specific type of line coding is the best because there is no berfect line coding scheme each one of them is used in a specific cases for example the return to zero is very usefull in VLSI because it has a spectral line at the clock frequency and you will find that manchester coding increase the BW so it can be useless in some systems

Status
Not open for further replies.