Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why LM1117 is not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blapcb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using another LDO (MIC5209) and have been wanting to test a drop-in replacement. I got two types of LM1117 (LM1117MP-3.3 from National and LD1117S33CTR from ST) and connected them, but both do not work (input voltage is 5v). I tried this again on a breadboard and still they do not work. Is there something I am missing? Can't be that both are bad right out of the package.....

Be careful: pin-out between MIC5209 and LM1117 is different.

The problem is most likely that the pinouts are not the same! Pin 1 is input on MIC5209 but not on LM1117.

Keith.

Saying that it doesn't work doesn't provide much info , what is the exact problem?
What is the output that you get?
Did you measure it with a load and without a load?
Have you used an output capacitor?

The problem is most likely that the pinouts are not the same! Pin 1 is input on MIC5209 but not on LM1117.

Keith.

OMG OMG OMG!
That's right! How stupid of me.
Just because both are SOT-23 does not mean they are same pinout, but I thought they would be....
My bad!!

Status
Not open for further replies.