Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why in a FET the source at RF is always grounded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssayan79

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I'm a studentin electronic enginner and i have a problem.
I' ' d like to know why in a fet the source, at rf, is always grounded, like the emitter in a bjt.
Thanks

Re: Source grounded

This isn't always the case. This source(emitter) grounding is in any circuit to operate as an amplifier, as adding a resistance there would degenerate the gain of the amplifier. In RF we usually use active devices for gain, so we keep the source(emitter) grounded. If you were making an oscillator, you'ld use an impedance there.

thanks a lot for the reply. can you indicate a book where this concept is explained clearly?

Hi,
It's not the typical case to find the source or the emitter is tied to ground in RF, but may be you chose a device which is connected to its bulk tie
Am I right ?
best regards,
Rania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back