Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why "Gowin" IP Cores available in "Gowin EDA" are encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingDutch

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Forum,

I just has got a "Tang Nano 4K" FPGA board wihch has on-board a Gowin chip GW1NSR-LV4C. Here is link to this product:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...=glo2pol&spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.27425c0ftZf8Rp

I have installed software for synthesis "Gowin EDA" and download examples of Verilog code from Sipeed Github:

https://github.com/sipeed/TangNano-4K-example

After unzipping I opened the project in "Gowin EDA" - there are used four IP Cores. One of these IP Cores is "video_frame_bufferr.v" - it seems that Gowin IP Cores are encrypted with "base64" code. Here is screenshot from "Gowin EDA" with this IP core open:
1645117319369.png
--- Updated ---

And here is text of this file (just begining:
Code:
//
//Written by GowinSynthesis
//Product Version "GowinSynthesis V1.9.7.02Beta"
//Tue Jun 01 10:37:23 2021

//Source file index table:
//file0 "\D:/Gowin/Gowin_V1.9.7.02Beta/IDE/ipcore/VFB/data/vfb_top.v"
//file1 "\D:/Gowin/Gowin_V1.9.7.02Beta/IDE/ipcore/VFB/data/vfb_wrapper.vp"
`timescale 100 ps/100 ps
`pragma protect begin_protected
`pragma protect version=1
`pragma protect author="default"
`pragma protect author_info="default"
`pragma protect encrypt_agent="Synplify encryptP1735.pl"
`pragma protect encrypt_agent_info="Synplify encryptP1735.pl Version 1.1"

`pragma protect encoding=(enctype="base64", line_length=76, bytes=256)
`pragma protect key_keyowner="Synplicity",key_keyname="SYNP05_001",key_method="rsa"
`pragma protect key_block
O0Q2VS1uAT+DzYC5YK/2UWC6LUhpHYoFZgv3D649C5lYIkASEVxIi4YMoxMNgoclroFqdDhtJkPO
drQAlexiBGqTaRH6vgcsy2Pc6eUsAPVghfIPxowZL3LJzAMPCYsHchisIdJWYyRVuG6/QKDLh+Be
YqEJSiOw1vkDj1bzfmnicQHEFcDDvR4yA4785GFnTT6dasxd+YLhjI3jOf1b8+g3dJJMXvQRZFZW
kFKlHiwSJSO6sg0Gp6xOh7F8bI/H1FG8cVv7sraqD6WQkDRYJOQ1ICxmzPWbEAj0JupVGg3xaNp7
kvj60wTB0t+bLcSand2URZS2byUR1oc1MD9pcQ==
`pragma protect encoding=(enctype="base64", line_length=76, bytes=169440)
`pragma protect data_keyowner="default-ip-vendor"
`pragma protect data_keyname="default-ip-key"
`pragma protect data_method="aes128-cbc"
`pragma protect data_block
+PZe8Qq5bAJmNYVR47hNRj9Yf3WvCyGuewIB5WLloFaaDJz+HhzytZPhcvPszDxyJxRqaEbQNKcN
XRuV8n/8GQr8dFvYlwi34n3PWwraj0aj2U1dA6LHS5TrBHjH5rvzRHg89nuXCr2Yo/DrbQ016Ira
E8F4wl1KVelOudwH2jJkuKLpn00JLxDDZh5WEr8XKu8ZGZ3cUZcf62jJDREa4nhN4mI1vCMk4Jlc
7e8AMF94FWM+iBL7rEoXbnKeuo9nwLG6MNx6HdUkPRsa7v56p/i0akzyp03ZmId3BW/GICdZBivc

I just entered this file into on-line (on WWW page) "base64" decoder and this is beginning of encrypted block:
^
lf5QMF?Xu!{bVr<r'jhF4
]
t[ؗ}[
ڏFM]KxDx<{
m
5x]JUN2dM /fV*Qh
xMb5#$\�0_xc>Jnrg0z$=zjLM٘wo 'Y+q @$$G%l\_~op}k3H3+F9RI~6k(.kmohF3qfXG%F;r)Pl7tAM2*2TWԚ\oB&3.5P꣣PJjjX]�̏8wxTBEH$s&0,Ni''F=E}%Mi:R<5:VB>27c
!oިʰN~ bť,'tLGoL~L?ƹ!ע+wy=pͬ:*Qo;jN 7g/5W2�LA)2?49H
7cV>DOGCLv2+HX {|NpEYɮ-,3_àh+`=%.3PPŊ&Q}L=oDk%K%H@M|gLmˑ;5GJ(_R!1x'XKM:KhTncv22Vȵ.!YOEWՏ?{ӟTC|->msx57(sW+,`AU"V@ђNw�cΨ6__Cœ21*tH"Yt[,a:|_<W0r0^W5i&LlӼr-%j䩊e)ޑ{]޵c-4=8vsj1Y~O;ZFXRU
It seems that there are binary data (this encrypted block). My question is: Is IP Core encrypted with "base64" in order to avoid errors during opening this file in "Gowin EDA" editor? And second question is: What are this big binary data - is it a netlist of FPGA primitives of Gowin FPGA or maybe there is more kind of objects? I am very curious what is stored in these IP Cores?

Thanks in advance and Regards

I am very curious what is stored in these IP Cores?
For an encrypted core, I think the IP Core docu is the only way to know "what is stored in......."

btw - you are the 1st person I came across a public forum using the Gowin FPGA and its tool-sets. I would like to hear about the +/- you come across when you are done with a design.

I am very curious what is stored in these IP Cores?
For an encrypted core, I think the IP Core docu is the only way to know "what is stored in......."

btw - you are the 1st person I came across a public forum using the Gowin FPGA and its tool-sets. I would like to hear about the +/- you come across when you are done with a design.
Hello,

there are more pople using Gowin FPGAs and their software tools. I don't remember if this topics(related to Gowin FPGAs) had been discussed on this forum or one of different forums (also English-language). I finished one small project "Brakout"(Arkanoid) game on previoius version of Sipeed "Tang Nano 1K" FPGA board. I wrote on this subject on Polish forum (Forbot.pl) - Here is English translation of this:

https://forbot-pl.translate.goog/fo...&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp#comment-168785

For current project on "Tang Nano 4K" board I have to wait for ADC board I bought:

https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1005...=glo2pol&spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.42c95c0fCKZrYG

I would try to build simple "spectrum analyzer" for acoustic frequencies (50Hz-15KHz). On this ADC module board is used IC ADS1256 (ADC 24-bit 30ksps/SPI interface). I would like to use for this project two (maybe more) Gowin IP Cores: "SPI Master" and "FFT" and library for graphics display. I write on this forum when I would have any results.

Thanks and Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back