Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why does op amp go into oscillations when I increase the bias voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Su Ram

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me why does my op amp goes into oscillations when I increae the bias volyage..I have decoupled the supply with 3 sets of capacitances on each side..still it just puffs up...

Op amp oscillations

Do u mean increase the bias current?
Or, u increase the bias voltage from your nmos based current mirror?

Re: Op amp oscillations

by increasing the bias current i think you are lowering the output resistance seen by the output capacitor and hence the phase shift is increasing due to the RC value....

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
by increasing the bias current i think you are lowering the output resistance seen by the output capacitor and hence the phase shift is increasing due to the RC value....

if the output resistance is lower, the phase shift shd be less right?

I gave an external power supply to the op amp (..with constant current) what dont understand is if the oscillations are due to any ground effects at the input or due to decoupling faults..

Status
Not open for further replies.