Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why do we calculate pole/zero location by hand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpiyo

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
Why do we calculate pole/zero location by hand
different with use HSPICE simulation results ?
Any other analysis pole/zero tool?

THX

Re: pole/zero analysis?

in hspice u can do the pole zero analysis...

pole/zero analysis?

Hspice can analysis the location of pole and zero. If you calculate pole/zero location by hand, you can know frequency response

pole/zero analysis?

hspice pole/zero analysis
-------------------------------

.pz vout vin

pole/zero analysis?

I have less in frequency response, so I can't analysis the stability ,how can i do?

shinnyi said:
hspice pole/zero analysis
-------------------------------

.pz vout vin

but the output will give a poze/zero table, some pole and zero are very adjacent, then how to analyse this result, how to distinguish the dominate pole and the second non dominant pole. who can share their experience, thank!

pole/zero analysis?

maybe some paper will help

pole/zero analysis?

maybe you can read some book on signal and system,and you will understand it well.

pole/zero analysis?

Suggest you to review the principle of signal processing

Usually the hand analysis is not used to find the exact location of the zeroes and poles. It is used to find the relative positions of the poles and zeroes to help one in design ( so that you know what factors determine the bandwidth and stability of your circuit )

So! I think you are right.
Thank you!

pole/zero analysis?

i agree with elbadry, you can just use the hand analysis to find the relative location of the zeroes and poles. then regulate their positions to make the system stable.

pole/zero analysis?

usually we can find the node with the largest capacitor and impedence to decide which node is the position causing the dominate pole and the second non dominant pole. At the output teminal , there should be the dominate pole or the second non dominant pole. and the node with miller capacitor usually causes the dominate pole. The mirror structure also cause the important pole, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.