Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why Connecting Electret mic to a P.A amplifier not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

vigyanabikshu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why Connecting Electret mic to a P.A amplifier not working. What kind of microphone will work with P.A systems ?. I am making a P.A system based intercom.

Hi,

electret microphones need a supply, also known as phantom supply.
I guess your PA does not provide a microphone supply.

Klaus

Hi,

electret microphones need a supply, also known as phantom supply.
I guess your PA does not provide a microphone supply.

Klaus
Thanks for your valuable reply. I want to use some mic that does not require any supply. I want mic inside only of a traditional P.A microphone. Is this available on market and what kind of mic it is?

Hi,

use a dynamic microphone
or use an electret with internal power supply (Battery) maybe also internal amplifier.

or use an external microphone_amplifier with phantom power.

Klaus

An intercom with loudspeakers on its outputs will cause acoustical feedback howling when its microphone can hear its local speaker and when the sound goes to the other end and its mic hears it and sends the sound back to your speaker and the first mic. Push a talk button (it disconnects your speaker) will prevent the feedback. A voice switching circuit is more expensive. Both ways prevent the 2 ends from talking at the same time.

I have had electret mics that hid a AA battery in the body. Maybe you have one that is discharged or absent?

Status
Not open for further replies.