Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Who knows how to detect infrared with wavelengh between 1200 to 3000 nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboColor

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am study a project using infrared detection. Not like normal infrared application working between 780 to 940 nm. This project needs to detect the energy of light with wavelength between 1200 to 3000 nm. Unfortunately, normal device will have no response to light which wavelength is longer than 1100 nm.

What kind of device can detect the energy? I like the device as simple as a photodiode or a phototransistor.

Thanks to all.

There are devices around for the longer wavelengths. Have a look at Hamamatsu for example. **broken link removed**

It depends on other characteristics you require (size, speed etc) but these might do the job:

**broken link removed**

Keith

Hi, Keith

You are so great !

Hamamatsu's products can satisify my requirement. It even has linear CCD which can support infrared detection!

Thank you very much!

Their range is excellent. They can be expensive though, and lead times can be up to 12 weeks.
There may be other companies who do what you want.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.