Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

which synthesis tool are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Altera’s DSP Builder creates VHDL from Altera’s Simulink library. You can also run synthesis and place and route from DSP Builder.

I’m made the switch to Synplify Pro and Synplify DSP from Symplicity. Great tools.

i use design compiler for ASIC and xlinx xst for fpga.

I use the DC Ultra and Magama.
>1M gate count => DC ultra
<1M => magama

synplify pro for FPGA, (Ampilify if timing is strain)
ISE or QuartusII based on u chip vendor.

DC for ASIC

DC for ASIC ..
ISE for FPGA ..

but I also tried LeonardoSpectrum for ASIC and FPGA .. and looking forword to use ALliance free synthesis in the near future ..

Hi omara007,

I would to know more about Alliance free synthesis.
How good is this tool?
Anyone has try this tool before?

Would u pls provide me more info on this tool.

Currently, I'm using DC for ASIC and Quartus and ISE for FPGA.

Thanx in advance,
no_mad

Sinplify for FPGA is very powerful indeed, but IMHO it's not as strict as IEEE standart.

Magma for ASIC
Synplify / ISE for FPGA

we are using xilinx XSt,Leonardo spectrum and Syniplify-pro

i use the quartusii ,the synthesis result can be simulated correctly in modelsim.
if i use the synplyfy pro,the synthesis result can't be simulated correctly in modelsim.
some of my friends is using dc,i 'd like to try it.
perhaps i don't understand the synplify pro's usage.however it's a good synthesis software.

kimjin wrote:
Code:
i use the quartusii ,the synthesis result can be simulated correctly in modelsim.

y dont u just use quartusII to do the whole design flow... quartusII can run simulation as well...

regards,
sp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back