Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which sensors(line detection) are best for white line on multi color background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsalan Jafri

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey

so heres the situation
i am having a sort of problem
making a line following robot
it has to follow white line on several different color background
i have blue green and yellow background but the same white line which is to be followed

so i have to ask for detection i will or might use photosensors but with that what light emitting component shuld i use like of what color
because i have a single white line on several different color backgrounds

using white leds would be alright?
somebody experienced that kinda situation

Have two sets of sensors, one sensitive to blue light, the other sensitive to red light (e.g. using filters or illuminated with blue and red light
separately. Possibly better to use a red and blue LED rather than a white one).
A reflection off a white surface will trigger both sensors. A reflection off a blue, green or yellow background will only trigger one or zero
sensors.

A lot of experimentation will be needed. Sometimes surfaces are glossy, etc. Also, what you think is (say) a green surface may not be
pure green, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back