Which program converts vhdl code to logic block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buts101

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vhdl code to block

i've vhdl code for 16 bit cpu... i need to convert vhdl code to individual logic block...(and,or,,control unit,tristate). Which program does just that...plz recommend the software...

Re: vhdl code to block

If you want to implement your code in an FPGA, you need a design compiler/synthesizer and an implementation package (place and route, programming file generator). This depends on the FPGA vendor you chose. If you are using Xilinx FPGA Xilinx offers a free (WebPack) version of its ISE design environment on its homepage. This design environment can show the synthesized VHDL as an RTL schematic.
https://www.xilinx.com/.

Although I do not understand your question completely - the compiler won't synthesize a "control unit" block for a cpu - a control unit might be described as individual circuitry, or shown as a block if it's a separate component - the VHDL compiler outputs a netlist of design primitives - logic functions, storage elements , multiplexers, ALUs, multipliers and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…