Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Which one is the Best ARM compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

SISWANTO

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best arm compiler

Dear all,
I have plan to start with ARM microprocessor, I need suggestions which one the best compiler for ARM, and which one the cheapest ARM????
Help... Help... Help....!!!

Siswanto

best compiler for arm

I use CodeVision starting from 1999 and have completed a lot of desins - the Active Mirror Control system for large Gamma Ray Telescope MAGIC (about 320 AVRs in total with 3 different kins of soft), Solid State Laser Controller, Laser Cutting Machine co-ordinate table driver, CNC controller and so on.
Codevision is cheap ~150 EUR, permanently improved, has very good feedback.
Many of my suggestion was accepted and included in the new versions of CVAVR.
Besides of a good compiler and IDE, it has an excellent Initialisation Wizard, which do for you a lot of work. In some small projects I just added a 10-20 lines of code to the wizard generated template, and project was done!
Now I am switching to 32-bit microcontrollers and dream for such a tool for them too.

Varuzhan

the best compiler of arm microcontroler

hi vdaniel , you talk about AVR not ARM ? Which is the best for ARM ?

codevision arm

Sorry for mistake.
Just now I am evaluating ARM (LPC2129), using Keil (www.keil.com). The evaluation version with limited debugging is available for free. Besides it has a good support. Twice I send my questions to Keil and immediatelly received an answer. Two main
disadvantages compared to CVAVR for AVR are:

High price,
Lack of initialisation wizard.

But in any case it is very useful and easy for starting with ARM.
Varuzhan

arm compilers compare

The best compiler for ARM is ARM's ADS 1.2.
Atmel's AT91 ARM7 chips would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.